Read the following carefully before filling the Application Form.
How to Apply
On-line Application filling and On-line Choice filling for admission to B Ed
University of Jammu, Jammu
- Visit the website http://bedjammu.org or www.jammuuniversity.ac.in or
- Read the “Schedule”, “Prospectus” and “How to apply”
thoroughly. Visit these websites frequently for latest updates. Admissions will
be purely ONLINE. No written information will be sent to the candidates by post.
Merit, allotment letter etc can only be downloaded.
- New candidates have to register fresh by pressing button “New Registration”.
Fill all fields like name, father’s name, address, qualifying exam details
etc. Mandatory fields are marked with a small red star. At the end of this page
you have to upload your Photograph, signature, Thumb impression and Mark sheet of
qualifying exam. You can make the signature and thumb impression on a paper and
scan them for uploading. Size of file should not be more than permitted. Uploading
of Photo and Signature is Mandatory.
- If you are unable to upload your Thumb impression or qualifying exam’s mark
sheet then affix and attach them on / with the printout of application.
- When you complete the application, RECHECK all fields. Then press
the button, “Submit to Generate Application No. and Password”.
Your Application no. and password will be generated. They will be displayed on the
screen and will be sent to you through email and SMS as well. In case the application
cannot be submitted then you must have left some field blank. Scroll up and complete
the field marked with a red star or message in red colour. Then resubmit.
- Keep the Application No. and Password safely with you. It will be required a number
of times to log in and download different items. To log in you have to give your
Application number and Password in the space provided in login section.
- In case you forget your Application no. and / or Password, you can get them by pressing
the button, “Forgot Password”. They will be emailed
to your registered email address.
- The seats shall be distributed as 1) 75% to Local candidates and 2) 25% to Non Local
candidates.In case seats remain vacant in either category the same shall be filled
from other category.
- On the Home page top you will see different buttons like, “Home”,
“Key dates” “How to Apply”,
“Seat Matrix”, “Bank List”,
“Advertisement” and “Help desk”.
You can refer to them anytime for necessary guidelines.
- You can call the helpline nos. +91-7375808060 During
Office Hours on working days for technical problems. Once you are logged in, you
can also report about any Technical Problem through the button, “Report
- Candidates will be able to make correction in the details filled in their Online
application form. However this Online Editing facility will permit the Candidate
to do desired correction ONLY ONCE.
- On pressing the button “Continue” on the Application No. and Password
display page, the Choice filling page will appear.
- Press “Add New Choice” to add new record. Select the
desired District and then desired College and Press “UPDATE”
button. This shall be repeated for adding each new college. You can press button
“Save Choices” in between and again start adding choices
by pressing “Modify Choices”. Finally save the choices
selected. You have to select minimum five college choices.
- Candidates are permitted to change preference of their Colleges, delete and add
new Colleges any number of times before the last date / time and till they lock
- ‘Add New Choice’ Button is used for adding new College.
- ‘Remove All Choices’ Button is used for removing all
Colleges chosen earlier.
- ‘Interchange Choices’ Button is used to interchange
the two Colleges selected. You have to select the Colleges to be interchanged, by
clicking the boxes in ‘Select’ column.
- ‘Edit Button’ is used to change the College selected
- After using edit option ‘Update’ and ‘Cancel’ Button will
be displayed in its place. ‘Update Button’ is used
to update the changed College. ‘Cancel Button’ is used
to cancel the change done.
- ‘Delete Button’ is used to delete the College chosen
- ‘Up Button’ will shift your College choice up by one
- ‘Down Button’ will shift your College choice down by
one serial number.
- After all operations ‘Save Button’ is used to save
the final choices. It is necessary to save the choices displayed on Computer
screen before closing the website otherwise all information will be lost.
- The next page has three sections. First is Choices Modify / Lock Section.
You can Modify your choices any number of times before you lock your choices. If
you do not lock your choices before the last date and time then the latest saved
choices will be automatically locked and allotment will be done on this basis.
- Second is Fee payment section. You have four options of paying
fees. HDFC bank with Challan and Online Payment Gateway options. Axis bank and J
& K bank both with Challan. SBI with Online Payment Facility. By selecting Challan option, a Challan of the selected
bank will be printed at the end. You have to visit any branch of that bank and pay
the fee of Rs. 2420/- written on the challan (Bank charges Extra). After paying fee,
take candidate’s and University’s copy of challan duly stamped by the
bank. Make sure that Date, Bank Branch code and Transaction code is clearly mentioned
on it. Your fee will be reconciled with the bank. In case of problem you may be
asked to produce your challan copy as proof.
- If you opt for Online payment gateway / E-banking option, you can pay directly from
your computer by Credit / Debit card / your bank account. Bank charges are mentioned
with the option.
- Candidates should not wait for the last date to deposit fee. It takes 2-3 days time
to reconcile the fee with the bank. So last minute rush may lead to problem in reconciliation
- The last section is Printouts. You will be provided with a pdf
file containing a) Bank Challan / Online payment receipt, b) Application form, c)
List of Colleges chosen. Choices are for consulting with your Parents, Teachers,
Friends and others for advice.
- Take a printout of the complete set. Keep one photo copy of the application form
with you for future reference.
- At the end press “Logout” to end the internet session. In case
you forget to do so the next candidate will not be able to fill fresh form on the
- Candidates can Log in and take printout of their application / challan / College
Choices any no. of times. They can modify their choices any number of times before
the last date.
Merit generation and Seat Allotment
- After the last date of fee deposit, merit list will be prepared and displayed. All
candidates should verify their names. If your name has not appeared in the list
then immediately inform us and send a scanned copy of your challan and application
printout to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the scheduled date of counseling, the locked choices will be processed. The list
of candidates along with allotted College will be displayed on this website. Allotment
will be done on the basis of Merit, Choices and available seats.
- Candidates should download their allotment letter from the website. They should
pay the college fee and approach the allotted college with in permitted time.
Compress Image through Microsoft Office Picture Manager
- Open the Picture (Scanned Image) through Microsoft Office Picture Manager
- Go to Picture Toolbar à Compress Pictures.
- Choose “compress pictures for smaller file size and faster loading : web pages”.
- Press OK.
- Press Save.
Compress Image through Paint Brush
- Open the Picture (Scanned Image) through Paint Brush
- Select your Image through Select tool
- Press ctrl + C (It copy the image)
- Press ctrl + N (It open the new file)
- Press ctrl + V (It paste your image in new file)
- Press Save (Give name to your file).
If required the website may remain closed from 8 PM to 9 PM for regular maintenance.
I have read all the rules carefully and under stood the complete process and I agree to follow the same.
News & Events